Here at Dead Head Reviews believe in supporting diversity within the Horror Community. Diversity not only refers to shining a spotlight on marginalized community members, such as Women In Horror Month, but also in regards to the type of content we bring you. You’ve come to know us for our book reviews, movie reviews, interviews, and double features, but we’ve got more in store; this year we will also be introducing some fun Horror Art to the blog, and we can’t wait! So, without further ado, we present to you the very first Dead Head Reviews Artist Spotlight featuring Cassie Daley of Lets Get Galactic Art!
Miss Daley is a multifaceted artist from the great Sunshine State of California, and her work is bold, vibrant, and colourful — just like she is. We asked Cassie to share a little bit about herself so you can get to know her and come to love her just as much as we do. When you’re done, be sure to head on over to her shop to snag a custom piece or an awesome ready-to-ship bookmark, print, or embroidery piece!
Tell us a little bit about what inspires your art and drives you to create!
I taught myself to read when I was 3-years-old, and have been drawing for just as long. Books and art have been a hugely important part of my life for a majority of it. Being able to express myself creatively helps me deal with stuff that I might not be able to otherwise – and I’m so grateful for it! I know that “rainbows” may not scream horror to everyone else, but the juxtaposition of bright colors with scary things is my favorite! Give me Candyland-esque settings with blood & gore, and I’m a happy girl. 🌈🔪
Check Out Cassie’s Neon Rainbow Horror Art:
Get to Know Cassie:
What are your Top 3 Horror Movies?
This was hard to narrow down, but I went with 3 movies that I can watch again and again without getting sick of them!
- Blade 2
- Ginger Snaps
- Cabin in the Woods
What are your Top 3 Horror Books?
These are 3 books I’ve read within the last couple years that I was BLOWN AWAY by, and highly recommend checking out in the genre!
- I Am Not Your Final Girl by Claire C. Holland
- Cricket Hunters by Jeremy Hepler
- To Be Devoured by Sara Tantlinger
10 Fun Facts About Cassie
- I’ve been in a comic book! Check out Issue 15 of Morning Glories, published by Image! A certain pink-and-black haired girl is based off of me, and she meets a BRUTAL end!! Big thanks to my pal Joe Eisma, the artist of the comic & a great guy!
- I have 3 dogs that I love with my whole entire heart. They’re a little puppy family – a mama, a papa, and their son!
- I’ve been blogging and reviewing books for almost 8 years, and love it so much! Sharing the stuff I’m bananas about with a community of like-minded friends has been such an amazing experience – shout out to my fellow reviewers & bloggers, and all the authors/publishers who work with us to highlight incredible things!
- My family is from Argentina, although I haven’t been (yet!). I was born in Miami, and grew up all over Florida.
- My very first crush was on Data from Star Trek! My dad told me he “didn’t feel love”, and I cried about it for hours because I knew that meant we’d never be married. Thank goodness for that emotion chip! 😂
- I recently taught myself the written dwarvish runes from JRR Tolkien’s Hobbit series, and like using them to encode my bullet journal. Yes, this is my idea of fun!
- My goal for reading this year was 50 books, but since I’ve already hit 30, I might need to extend that a bit.
- I was once invited to NASA for a tour as a “social media expert”. They asked me to blog about a special space mission, and I got to meet a lot of scientists, and see a space telescope being built!
- I struggle a lot with depression and anxiety, and try to be vocal about that to find support for people like me, and to hopefully encourage other people struggling to not feel alone.
- I have a really big sweet tooth, and am currently trying to wean myself off of processed sugars – which has proven to be very difficult! Why is ice cream so delicious?! 😂
Embroidery, Paintings, Prints, and More!
Where to read Cassie’s
Reviews and Blog Posts:
My Blog: https://letsgetgalactic.com/
The Night Worms Blog: https://nightworms.com/blogs/news
Where to Purchase Cassie’s Artwork
and Become a Patreon Supporter:
My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/letsgetgalactic
Where to Follow Cassie
On Social Media: