The majority of what we promote are books and people within the horror, dark sci-fi, dark fantasy, grim dark, and crime horror) book industry. However, we are interested in anything horror-based–films, music, comics, toys, video games, food, seriously, if it is horror related, we’re interested.
Dead Head Reviews does not discriminate against any persons for their sex, nationality, race, gender, religion, or beliefs. We receive books from publishers and authors, films from filmmakers and distributors, songs from their creators, all for review consideration. Received books/films/songs/or any other art, does not guarantee a review and or interview.
Exclusively referring to our website (deadheadreviews.com), there is not one type of rating system amongst reviewers. Some reviewers have a 5 star (1 being the worst, 5 being the best) rating system, others a letter grade system (F being the worst, A being the best), and others don’t grade or rate the books at all. All reviews are the opinion of the individual reviewer.
How to submit
We will ONLY reply to inquiries via email (which is located on the CONTACT US page).
- In the headline – Inquiry Type/Your Surname/Subject
– Example 1: Double-Feature/McDonough/Book
– Example 2: Interview/Witt/Film
– Example 3: Review/Turpitt/Video game
- In the body of the email, tell us a little bit about yourself (a bio) and what you’d like us to promote.
- A maximum of two paragraphs, including a one paragraph bio.
- In addition, include if the book has already been published. If so, please provide a link. If it is soon-to-be released, provide the publisher, release date, format(s) it will be released in, and any other applicable information.
- What format(s) you are offering for review consideration.
- Do NOT attach any files.
A few things to keep in mind
- Failure to abide by our rules will result in your email being automatically deleted.
- Physical copies of books or any other tangible product we receive is considered a gift, and will not be eligible to be returned to sender, or have monies paid for that product/shipping & handling.
- If you do not hear back within one month from sending us your inquiry, feel free to send a follow-up email.
- Reviews will be posted on Goodreads and Amazon. If we fail to do this, please contact the Dead Head email or the reviewer specifically. Also, if you have any additional website where you’d like us to leave a review, add that in your original inquiry.
- If you have a specific reviewer that you would like to reach out to, then feel free to contact their personal email. Everyone’s contact information is located on the CONTACT US page. Each reviewer has a preferred book format, sub-genre(s) they tend to gravitate towards, and a description of what they are all about. Know that information before reaching out to them.
- At any point and time we may update our policy. It is recommended to read the policy before submitting.
DISCLAIMER – READ BEFORE SUBMITTING INQUIRY
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE for bullying and harrasment.
If you harass a reviewer about not reviewing/interviewing you, or not getting to your book as quickly as you expect them to, complain about what was written in a review, harass/bully our reviewers in any other way, or if it is proven that you harassed/bullied anyone within the horror/writing community, consider yourself permanently cut off from our services.
Any unprofessional conversation(s) with our reviewers will be screenshotted and released to the rest of the community, if we deem it necessary. We will not give any further warning. It’s unfortunate that we have to make this disclaimer, but we’ve been around long enough to know that this is something that must be addressed. We will always do what is best for the community and its people. That will never change.