Please read the following submission guidelines and disclaimers
thoroughly and carefully before submitting your content for review.
Submissions made without regard to our guidelines will be dismissed.
We will ONLY reply to inquiries via E-Mail sent to
We DO NOT accept submissions via Social Media.
ALL WORK BEING SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW
IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
SUBMITTING MEDIA FOR REVIEW BY OUR “IN HOUSE” TEAM
Our team uses a variety of platforms to read submissions. Our preferred format for submissions via e-mail is in the body of an e-mail with an attachment included as a Word Document. Reviews that fail to meet our format guidelines will be automatically rejected with no confirmation.
If your submission includes related images, please place it as an attachment with clear file names in .jpg or .png formats only. List your attached image files with your e-mail signature.
Do not send video media via e-mail; we accept links to YouTube or Vimeo for video media.
Along with your submissions, please include your name, e-mail address, website, social media usernames (Twitter preferred).
In the body of the e-mail, tell us a little bit about yourself (a short bio) and what you’d like us to promote. Please list what format(s) you are offering for review consideration. This content should be a maximum of two paragraphs including the bio.
In addition, please include publication information for your content. If your content has already been published/released, please provide a link. If your content is soon-to-be released, please provide publisher/studio information, release date, format(s) it will be released in, and any other applicable information.
Alternatively, we have a Submission Form which can be easily found by scrolling to the bottom of this page; at this time the form does not accept attachments.
MEDIA REVIEW GUIDELINES
REQUIRED INFORMATION WITH YOUR MEDIA
If you are submitting a book, movie, show or other form of media for review, please be sure to include the following along with your text based pitch and creator introduction:
- Title of Book/Movie/Show
- Illustrator/Photographer if applicable
- Link to Amazon or ThriftBooks or HalfPrice Books (Amazon generally preferred)
- If an item is unavailable on the above sites, include a direct link to the creator’s website where we can purchase a copy of the item.
- Image of Book Cover, Movie Poster, or Basic Promotional Image we can include
E-MAIL FORMAT RE: MEDIA FOR REVIEW
Subject Line: [Media for Review Consideration] – Author/Creator Name
Body of the e-mail:
- Short creator bio with photograph
- Short summary of the item you are submitting for review
- Format you are offering our team for review
- MOBI, ePub, Hardcover, Paperback, etc
- DVD/Blu-Ray, Digital Video, Screening Passes, etc
- MP3, CD, Digital Download
- If you are sending it for a specific date/event/season etc (Christmas, Independence Day, etc) include that information our reviews can be scheduled accordingly.
- If your media is as yet unpublished/unreleased, include that information so our reviews can be scheduled accordingly.
- If your media is already published/released, include where our readers/viewers may acquire your media to read, view, stream, or listen.
A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Failure to abide by our rules will result in your email being automatically deleted.
- Physical copies of books or any other tangible product we receive is considered a gift, and will not be eligible to be returned to sender, or have monies paid for that product/shipping & handling.
- If you do not hear back within one month from sending us your inquiry, feel free to send a follow-up email.
- Reviews will be posted on Goodreads and Amazon. If we fail to do this, please contact the Dead Head email or the reviewer specifically. Also, if you have any additional website where you’d like us to leave a review, add that in your original inquiry.
- If you have a specific reviewer that you would like to reach out to, then feel free to contact their personal email. Everyone’s contact information is located on the CONTACT US page. Each reviewer has a preferred book format, sub-genre(s) they tend to gravitate towards, and a description of what they are all about. Know that information before reaching out to them.
- At any point and time we may update our policy with or without notice. Therefore, it is recommended to read the policy page each time before submitting.
! DISCLAIMER !
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING INQUIRY.
Dead Head Reviews abides by
a ZERO TOLERANCE policy
for bullying and/or harassment.
While it is unfortunate that we have to make this disclaimer at all, we have been around long enough to understand bullying/harassment is something that must be addressed.
Dead Head Reviews believes strongly in protecting the well-being, safety, and reputation of its reviewers, contributors, and staff as best we are able.
If you harass a reviewer about not reviewing/interviewing you, or not getting to your book as quickly as you expect them to, complain about what was written in a review, harass/bully our reviewers in any other way, or if it is proven that you harassed/bullied anyone within the horror/writing community, consider yourself permanently cut off from our services.
Additionally, any/all unprofessional conversation(s) with and/or comments made in regards to our reviewers may be “screenshot.” Should our staff deem it necessary, screenshots of inappropriate conduct may be released publically to the rest of the community as a warning of your unprofessional conduct.
Dead Head Reviews will not give any further warning.
At Dead Head Reviews, we are committed to doing what we believe is best for the community and its people, and that will never change.
Get in Touch
Follow us on social media and join the conversation!
Send us an e-mail or use the contact form to the right.
Please be sure to read our above policies and information before making your submission.
Failure to read policies ensures any incorrect submissions will be dismissed.